Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
CANCELLED: Fun Run: Imbil Easter Carnival 2020
UPDATE March 16:
Unfortunately, the Imbil Easter Carnival for 2020 has been cancelled on the recommendations of the Australian Government and health authorities regarding non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people.
The carnival is a much loved community event so the decision to cancel was not taken lightly. We must follow the advice of health officials to ensure the health and safety of attendees and everyone involved with the event.
We are currently working through the implications of the decision and will provide further information and advice as soon as it’s available.
The Imbil Easter Carnival will shine brighter than ever in 2021!
The Imbil Easter Carnival 2020 Fun Run is a free event as part of the carnival program. The event welcomes participants from all fitness levels to explore the iconic Mary Valley Rail Trail that meanders through the countryside between the Mary Valley Towns of Imbil and Brooloo.
Enjoy either a 5km walking / running route or 9.4km running route. Participation in wheelchairs is also encouraged, and robust wheel treads are recommended as the trail is dirt and gravel.
The run / walk starts at 7:00am sharp at the Imbil end of the Mary Valley Rail Trail. Participants are encouraged to arrive early to park, as there will be road closures associated with the Imbil Easter Carnival. Check out the Imbil Easter Carnival website for parking details.
In the true spirit of fun, community, & health, this is a non-competitive event. All participants who complete the event will be listed on the Imbil Easter Carnival website. Research suggests that light running may be better for your long-term health when compared with strenuous running (http://bit.ly/36aGpUF, http://bit.ly/369E9gu).
In the interests of safety, fun run participants are discouraged from bringing animals or bikes on the run. Animals (e.g., dogs, horses) and bikes are welcome on the trail at all other times.
Terms and conditions:
By registering for this event, I, the participant, acknowledge that;
- This is a physically demanding event, and I have considered my own health and advice from health professionals where applicable when choosing to take part in this event.
- I am entering this event of my own free will and will participate entirely at my own risk.
- I indemnify the organisers, delegates and volunteers against all liability for injury, loss or damage out of or in connection with this event, whether suffered by me or caused by me to another person.
- I will take all care to ensure that I will not cause injury, harm or damage to any other participant in this event.
- I agree to follow the directions of the organisers and any delegate or volunteer to ensure safe participation in the event.
- I consent to the administration of any medical treatment which may be required if I suffer any injury or illness during or associated with the event.
- I consent to my name and image (photograph or video) from the event being promoted, royalty-free on the Imbil Easter Carnival website and associated publications and advertisements.
- If the event is cancelled for any reason I understand that the organisers, delegates and volunteers are not liable for damages or refunds.
* This event is a feature of the Imbil Easter Carnival, a fun day out in Mary Valley Country. It is brought to you by the Mary Valley Chamber of Commerce and showcases local businesses and the natural beauty of the region.