Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Ditch the Dust - Bike Ride and Walk
Come to DITCH THE DUST!! Easter Saturday, 11 April in Coolamon.
Ditch the Dust is about bringing our community together to celebrate resilience during drought and tough times.
Bike Ride + Walk : 12noon to 2pm
A family friendly bike ride and walk on the new tracks. Pick from three different courses. The longest ride is the Gilgai Track which will take you from Coolamon to Ganmain. It's 16km each way. Take a rest in Ganmain with delights to enjoy. All three tracks will start from The Clock Coolamon. (Cnr Cowabbie and Mann Streets).
Riders can pick their suitable distance. (Riders and walkers can turn around at any point once on the track)
** Register online and receive a free drink bottle **
Party in the Park : 2pm to 9pm
Join us for plenty of fun in Redgrave Park, kicking off from 2pm. Enjoy live music, food Vendors, beers, cider + wine, kids activities, youth fest, entertainment and fireworks. Pack a picnic rug for a chilled afternoon.
Visit: www.visitcoolamonshire.com.au for event details.
Follow along for regular updates on the Facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/1680763448740220/
Information for Riders and Walkers:
The Ditch the Dust family bike ride and walk have tried to make this day as safe as possible.
All entrants must be responsible for their own safety and judge whether they and their equipment are fit to take part. Coolamon Shire Council can accept no responsibility to loss or damage to personal property or personal injury.
By registering you confirm that you understand and accept the above and accept that you have responsibility to act in a way that will minimise the likelihood of injury to yourself and others and that you and your cycle are fit for the event.
Please note the below:
- Obey all road and pedestrian rules
- Drink stations provided at the start point, Brushwood, Ganmain rest stop, Kindra Forest and the finish line
- Always wear your helmet
- Wear appropriate clothing for safety including sun safe (hat, sunscreen, glasses)
- Ensure you have a drink bottle
- All entrants must follow the directions of ride officials and check point marshalls.
- First aid officers will be on site
- Always look out for others on the track – this is family friendly
- Toilets facilities available at Redgrave Park, Lions Park and Victory Memorial Gardens
What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Spare tubes and any bike equipment/supplies you may need