Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Greg Willoughby Memorial Endurance Ride 2020
Greg Willoughby Memorial Endurance Ride 2020
Valley Riders & Endurance Inc. invite nominations for the Greg Willoughby Memorial Endurance Ride to be held 18th & 19th July 2020 at our Denison Creek Endurance Ride Base. This is a QERA-affiliated event for Hendra-vacc'ed horses only. "We share a love of horses and the outdoors; camp out and experience riding through some amazing parts of Australia. Make new friends and learn more about your horse than you ever believed possible. Endurance is a sport the whole family can enjoy, so what are you waiting for? Come on and join us!"
Between Saturday 18 July 2020 1:00 PM and Sunday 19 July 2020 7:00 AM
Friday 17 July
10.00am - Ride base open for arrival (Earlier is available by prior arrangement only)
Saturday 18 July
8.30am - Nominations open
9.00am - New riders walk-through and general Q & A
10.00am - Pre-Ride Vetting open
1.00pm - 100km Elevator ride start
1.15pm - 40km ride start
1.30pm - 20km ride start
Sunday 19 July
6.00am - 40km ride start
6.15am - 20km ride start
7.00am - 5km ride start
*Pre-Ride Talk times to be advised*
**All ride times subject to change**
Denison Creek Ride Base
'Our Retreat' Station,
Lot 5, Retreat Road,
Epsom, Qld 4741
PIC Number: QANB0098
Pre-Nominate by midnight on Sunday, 12 July 2020 to avoid late fee.
100km QERA members only $ 125- (Elevated 80-100km)
40km QERA members $ 65-
40km Day members $ 75 -
20km QERA members $ 40-
20km Day members $ 45-
5km (ALL) $ 25-
Late fee $ 15- Applied to all online nominations after Sunday, 12 July 2020.
Late fee $ 25- Applied to nominations received at the venue on Saturday, 18 July 2020.
Please note there is a 50c/per ticket Trybooking fee applicable
ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTSHorse Health Declaration & Movement Record for Hendra-vaccinated horses
(MUST be accompanied by Current vaccination certificates: Health4Horses register lookup)
Ride Entry Form to be completed for each entry
Junior Riders' Parent/Guardian Declaration required if Parent/s or Legal Guardian/s not at the ride with their ward/s.
Terms and Conditions specific to novel corona virus:
1. Participants agree to withdraw their nomination and attendance if experiencing any flu like symptoms or having had known contact with a confirmed case of novel coronavirus in the two weeks prior to the event. In the case of withdrawal of nomination due to the above, application for refund of nomination fees are permitted without the requirement of a doctors certificate.
2. Participants agree to practice personal hygiene by frequent washing of hands and or use of supplied hand sanitisers where possible.
3. Participants agree to observe social distancing of 1.5 metres and acknowledge gatherings of large groups to be kept to a minimum as directed by the ride organisers.
4. Participants to advise ride organisers of the names and contact details for all strappers and or support crew team members planning to attend the event as part of their team.
General Terms and Conditions:
Participants understand and agree that –
1. All cancellations after 12/07/2020 will attract a $15 booking fee, to be taken from moneys refunded. Cancellations within 3 days of Event Activities need to be accompanied by a Doctor or Veterinarian certificate to secure a refund.
2. Horses are powerful animals of individual free will and are potentially dangerous: there are many real and potential risks and hazards associated with Event Activities involving horses and endurance riding;
3. Participants are responsible for assessing and managing all inherent risks that may arise - including but not limited to the terrain, on public roadways, from the weather or other forces - during their participation in Event Activities;
4. Participants are responsible for the welfare, control and behaviour of any horse in their care or which they elect to ride, and for ensuring that they are capable of managing any such horse in relation to the safety and welfare of themselves, other Participants or the general public, and in regard to property;
5. Participants, on behalf of themselves, heirs, executors and administrators, waive and release the Ride Committee and all persons or organisations associated with the Event, together with their heirs, executors and administrators and assignees, from any rights, claims or liabilities for damages or injuries that may be sustained by themselves or their support crew or animals.
6. Participants agree to comply with the AERA Rulebook as instructed by Ride Organisers and Ride Officials;
7. Participants agree to wear an approved safety helmet at all times when on a horse at the Event;
8. Participants are free to withdraw their participation from Event Activities at any time, subject to compliance with the AERA Rulebook;
9. Participants agree to comply with any reasonable request or instruction issued by a ride organiser or official of the Queensland Endurance Riders Association, and agree that if their participation in Event Activities is terminated due to non-compliance that they waive any claim or refund;
10. Participants owe a duty of care for the safety of themselves and others, and if they have a medical condition or an impairment which may affect their capacity to act safely and in the best interests of the welfare of themselves, other participants, the general public, or any horse, or any property, then that Participant will not participate in the Event Activities and will take full responsibility for any consequence of such medical condition or impairment;
11. Participants agree not to consume alcohol in an amount which causes their blood alcohol content to exceed the applicable legal limits whilst participating in the Event Activities. Participants understand and agree that they will be responsible for any loss, damage, cost, claim or expense arising from any injury, loss or damage caused or contributed to by consumption of alcohol whilst participating in the Event Activities, and that they will not be covered by insurance in that event;
12. Participants agree not to consume any mind-altering drug or any other substance that may be prohibited by law before or during the Event Activities. Participants understand and agree that they will be responsible for any loss, damage, cost, claim or expense arising from any injury, loss or damage caused or contributed to by consumption of such substances whilst participating in the Event Activities, and that they will not be covered by insurance in that event;
13. Participants will declare their horse/s to be free of any prohibited or banned substance as required in the AERA Equine Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Rules. Where a Participant is not the Trainer of a horse they ride, that Participant agrees to make reasonable enquiries of the Trainer of the horse to confirm that the horse is free of any prohibited or banned substance as required in the AERA EADCM Rules.
14. If there is an outbreak of a notifiable equine disease, such as Hendra Virus or Equine Influenza, then relevant government department(s) may prevent or restrict the movement of horses, vehicles and personnel for a period of time, and that any costs or expenses borne by any person or organisation for and on behalf of a Participant or a Participant's horse(s) shall be that Participant's responsibility.
15. Participants agree that if their horse/s require treatment, they undertake to pay for that treatment prior to leaving the ride base.