Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Intro to MTB Riding Skills: 3 Week Grade 1 Skills Program
The Intro to Mountain Bike Riding Skills program is a 3 session course run over 3 weeks and is designed for riders who are comfortable riding a bike on paved surfaces and have some off-road riding experience but want to start taking their riding further by learning the correct mountain bike riding techniques. Times and dates for the sessions are:
• Session 1: 3:30pm 29 November 2020
• Session 2: 3:30pm 6 December 2020
• Session 3: 3:30pm 13 December 2020
This course is a Grade 1 program designed to introduce riders to core mountain bike riding skills essential for progressing your riding technique and familiarise you with some of the green and easy blue trails of the Nerang Mountain Bike Park.
During this course you’ll learn:
• How to set up your bike correctly and perform basic safety checks;
• How to mount and dismount your bike safely;
• Correct riding positions for different terrain;
• Braking technique to stop quickly, effectively and safely;
• Correct off-road cornering technique;
• The basics of climbing and descending technique.
Full details of the program can be downloaded at:
To be able to participate in this program you should be able to ride a bike competently on paved services for around 5km. You'll also need the following:
• A serviceable mountain bike designed for off-road use;
• A helmet that meets Australian safety standards;
If you're interested in the full course program please message us and we'll send it through to you.
This course will be limited to 8 participants only including skills clinic participants. Price is $135 for the three week program.
We look forward to seeing some new faces on the trails!