Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Core Skills - A Line Sessions: 3 Week Grade 3 Skills Program
The Core Skills Program is aimed at riders who have experience riding green and blue trails and are seeking to advance their abilities to handle more challenging trails. The Core Skills Program is divided into two 3-week courses: B-Line Sessions and A-Line Sessions. The courses can be completed consecutively or with a break between the B-Line and A-Line courses to allow you to consolidate your skills.
The Core Skills A-Line program is a Grade 3 level program designed to build on a rider's existing skills and teach techniques to handle more advanced features and obstacles. During the program you’ll learn skills and techniques which include:
• Body balance techniques to enable low speed and technical manoeuvring;
• Wheel lift techniques;
• Rolling intermediate drops;
• An introduction to the skills required to loft drops;
• An introduction to jumping;
• Reinforcement of core riding skills and techniques.
Full details of the program can be downloaded at:
Times and dates for the sessions are:
• Session 1: 3:00pm Sun 1 November 2020
• Session 2: 3:00pm Sun 8 November 2020
• Session 3: 3:00pm Sun 15 November 2020
To be able to participate in this program you should be able to ride a mountain bike on green and easy blue trails for at least 10- 15km and be able to ride and maintain the Ready Position as well as competently applying correct cornering and braking techniques (if you're unsure of these terms we recommend doing the Core Skills - B Line Program first). You'll also need the following:
• A serviceable mountain bike designed for off-road use;
• A helmet that meets Australian safety standards;
The price for this program is $165 and is limited to 6 participants.
Look forward to seeing you there!