Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Wim Hof Method Snowy Mountains Bunkhouse Retreat (Level 3)
A budget-friendly Wim Hof Method Snowy Mountains Retreat for like minded souls wanting to maximise their human potential.
About this Event
Once upon a time we lived, learned & loved side-by-side with nature. However, over time, through our lifestyle and life choices, we’ve lost touch with ourselves and with nature.
It’s time to change that.
It’s time to reconnect again.
It’s time to discover the possibilities of your mind & body.
Come along for 3 incredible days in the spectacular Snowy Mountains for a stripped back exploration of the Wim Hof Method.
Using the tools of breathwork and cold exposure, and in the company of other beautiful like minded individuals, you’ll go deep within yourself and deep into nature - and experience an incredible shift in life perspective.
No matter if you’re new to the Wim Hof Method, or are already practicing, you’ll come away with in-depth, practical knowledge and be challenged, physically & mentally.
More importantly though, you’ll come away having experienced the power that lies within!
Enjoy 3 days and 2 nights of exploring your human potential at this no-frills retreat.
While the accommodation may be stripped back, the experience remains the same.
On this journey you’ll be supported by some of Australia’s most experienced Wim Hof Method instructors, in a fun, safe & inclusive environment.
Who is it for?
- This retreat is perfect for those who are looking for a challenge, or those looking to expand their existing Wim Hof Method into nature
- Both beginner and advanced Wim Hof Method practitioners will be challenged in their own way
- No previous Wim Hof Method experience is necessary, however, due to the activities a moderate level of fitness is required (see below for more details)
- Dormitory accommodation and all facilities
- Delicious vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch afternoon tea & dinner) – please advise us of your dietary requirements
- Access to Mount Kosciuszko National Park
- Snowshoes for hiking (if needed)
- Transfers are not included to/from Snowy Mountains (Cooma) Airport with REX Airlines, but we will attempt to organise this for you
- Please let us know if you need help with carpooling and we will do our best to sort something out
- Enjoy the range of amenities (including ping pong table), social lounge, and fireplace
- Bunk bed
- Up to 4 people per room
- While we aim to allocate same sex rooms, this is not guaranteed
- Bungarra Alpine Centre, Bungarra Lane, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- Located just minutes from Jindabyne and 30 minutes from Thredbo
- Please scroll to the bottom for venue images
What is a Level 3 retreat?
- Fitness Level: Medium to High - Able to hike 10km in snowshoes
- Chance of Snow: High
- Cold Level: ❄️❄️❄️
To create a strong group dynamic and ensure a supportive teaching & learning environment, places are strictly limited, so be sure to secure your spot early.
I want everyone who would like to attend to be able to. If you need help with a payment plan, please contact me directly. I'm here to help.
Note about facilitators
- Either Leah or one of her experienced team will facilitate this retreat
- All of her team have are highly experienced Wim Hof Method instructors themselves and have been hand-picked by her to support attendees in this learning environment
- This event is suitable for those aged 18 years and over
- Out of precaution, we advise against participation during pregnancy, or if you are epileptic. People with cardiovascular issues, or any other serious health conditions (e.g. high blood pressure, COPD) should always get in touch with the facilitator and consult a medical professional. If you have specific questions relating to your condition, please contact your facilitator beforehand.
- All bookings have a non-refundable 20% cancellation fee which can be used for future retreats or workshops
- View the cancellation policy
- We will be following our COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Please message Leah for details
Retreat Program Outline
- Meet & greet
- Cold exposure
- Talk & stories
- Optional morning activity
- Breathwork and breathing mechanics
- Cold exposure hike
- Optional activity/free time
- Talk - Science, Q&A behind the Wim Hof Method
- Optional morning activity
- Hike in Kosciuszko National Park
- 12pm checkout
- Optional - cafe/restaurant to say goodbyes
Please note, this is just a guide and may change due to weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances.
Here's what other participants have said about Leah and her retreats.
"Spent the most amazing life changing weekend with Leah. She is a very knowledgeable, caring and passionate instructor, a beautiful human. Thank you for chasing your dreams and your conviction to help others." - Michelle
"Amazing teacher with infinite knowledge who didn’t just teach but gave the space to empower and learn ourselves. Provided a great space and energy for the group to connect deeply with each other. Couldn’t rate highly enough." - Jordan
"This is something everyone should do....Leah is a great instructor....just do it!!" - Nicole
"What a ripper weekend and experience. What a challenge. What a release... Terrific group - each bringing their own unique dynamic and flavour - and all of us willing to share and explore together. You lead a supportive, encouraging and insightful retreat. A short journey together. Yet, a remarkable one. ”Ice in the veins” brings a whole new meaning." - Tamlin
"I had an amazing experience. Leah was a brilliant instructor. Her vast knowledge was evident, and she was engaging and inspirational. The guided meditation was so beautiful, and amplified by the music and instruments that Leah incorporated. I saw beautiful colours and shapes during this meditation which has not previously happened to me. The icy dip in the lake that had been worrying me, turned out to be a great experience." - Linda
About Leah Scott
Leah Scott has been practising the Wim Hof Method since 2016 in her hometown of Jindabyne, NSW. Leah has been fortunate to learn from and teach alongside Wim Hof directly. She is an avid nature lover and frequent hiker and is now fortunate to travel around Australia and the world, sharing her way of life and passing on these life-changing techniques. Outside of instructing, Leah is also a motivational speaker and optimal living lifestyle coach & mentor.
- Certified Wim Hof Method instructor
- Accredited Snowy Mountains Guide
- AST1 Avalanche Specialist
- Wilderness First Aid trained
- Breathwork practitioner
- Extreme cold tolerance practitioner
About the Wim Hof Method
The Wim Hof Method is made up of 3 pillars; breathing, cold exposure therapy and commitment (mindset).
It has well-researched and documented health benefits, which include:
- Rebalancing your immune system
- Reducing inflammation (this is why the method can help people with autoimmune disease)
- Improving mood and cognitive function
- Increasing cardiovascular performance
- Maintaining cardiovascular health
- Enhancing and uplifting the immune and hormonal systems
- Balancing the body's stress response,
- Helping you become flexible between your nervous system states
- Simulating altitude training
- Increasing focus, attention, clarity, memory and determination
You can find out more about the Wim Hof Method, Leah and other upcoming events at the bottom of this page.
Bungarra Alpine Centre offers over 80 hectares of unspoiled bushland, modern facilities, broad range of amenities and affordable, good value accommodation.