Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
7 am Saturday Paddleboarding and Kayaking Currumbin Creek
Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Kayaking with Jacinta
About this Event
The sight adorns our many waterways and inlets. You have seen all ages participating in SUPn or Kayaking and thought ‘I’d like to give that a go’! Now is your time to try something new or join the crew if you would like to paddle with others.
Stand Up Paddling ( SUP) and Kayaking can be as low key and relaxing or as energetic as you like. For those that wish, you may be introduced to some SUP Yoga movements also!
-Day Sat mornings
-Time 0700AM meet for 0730AM on the water (includes SUP/ Kayak hire, safety brief, warm up/limb mobility)
- Park off Duringan St Currumbin, behind Saltwater Cafe or surrounds
* Meet at the tree waterside
* SUP and Kayak hire from Currumbin Boatshed Bait and Tackle
2 Thrower Dr, Currumbin QLD 4223
(07) 5525 0338
- Cost $20 for 90 min
- Attire - Swimwear (lightweight sun protection tshirts/shorts if you wish), hat, sunnies - not expensive! wear your sunscreen. There is nowhere to secure or leave valuables, suggest leave personal items, towels etc in your vehicles. Keys may be left in JV’s vehicle.
- Hydration - If you wish to bring your water bottle suggest have a tie or hook on it to secure to your board, or wear a light waist water bottle carrier.
- Safety - You should be self reliant in the water eg. Be able to float on your back and tread water for ten min and Swim 50m. Flotation devices will be available with the SUP/kayak hire for those that require.
Pending the tide and which way we paddle we will stop for a swim. Guidance will be provided for beginners to SUP.
Please feel free also to view the intro YouTube clips
If anyone wishes we can adjourn to Saltwater for breakky or coffee afterwards.
Looking forward to seeing you on the water !
The all round fitness that’s fun.